Why switched away fro Todoist?
- I want a command-line tool
The above solution does take some time to set up. But it’s mostly set-and-forget.
- Todoman: command-line TODO manager
- vdirsyncer: synchronizes TODOs between devices using Nextcloud
- autovdirsyncer: monitors our TODO collections and upload automatically when there are changes
- tasks: Android client so that we can use our TODO on the go
- Nextcloud: server that glues everything together
- Install the packages
pacman -Syu todoman vdirsyncer autovdirsyncer
Note: the binary for
todoman is just
Install tasks for your Android phone
To get started with Nextcloud, check out my article How to Migrate From OneDrive to Nextcloud.
[storage calendar_remote] type = "caldav" url = "https://efss.qloud.my/remote.php/caldav/" username.fetch = ["shell", "echo $NEXTCLOUD_USERNAME"] password.fetch = ["shell", "echo $NEXTCLOUD_PASSWORD"]
NEXTCLOUD_USERNAME in the file
/etc/environment so that
autovdirsyncer can read the values when
autovdirsyncer.service starts up.
Open Settings >
Add account >
CalDAV, and the
URL field is
tasks is feature parity with Todoist, if not better. Using FOSS tools is not an inferior option.